Dear Church family,
Thanks for your prayers and cards for my family in the loss of my brother-in-law last week. Please continue to pray for my sister.
In Christian love, Gayle Baker
– First day of Tuesday/Thursday School is September 1. They could use our help with snacks & supplies, please leave your donations in the south foyer.
- Finger Foods: (crackers, cereal, popcorn, pretzels)
- Baby Wipes
- Clorox Wipes
- Paper Towels
- 8oz Cups (foam & plastic)
- Hand Soap (in pump bottles)
– Our Bible classes will promote to the next grade level Sunday, August 30th. All 8th graders will move up to the High School class.
– If you can or have helped with funeral dinners please sign the list in the back of the auditorium.
– THANK YOU!
June, Lavelle, Martina, Cynthia, Mary, Sully, Joel, Teresa, Glenda, Amber, Michael, Joetta, Angie, Dustin, Chelsea, Chera, Jonathan, Russ, Cody, Jenna, Cary, Tina, Jessi, Morgan, Jimmy, & all of you who donated money, drinks, or food.
You all helped make the “Back to School VBS” a great success. I know you give so much of yourselves, not for recognition, but because of your love for the children and for God.
Youth, you were awesome! Your dramas, puppets, & songs really got the younger kids excited about being the ‘right kind of friend’. Please continue to be enthusiastic about spreading God’s word as you grow into adults.
Adults, you make the Merkel church family a wonderful place to work and worship. I hope you know how much you are appreciated. I believe you make God smile. It was a great ‘long’ day!
– For the months of August and September we will be collecting sweet cereal (11 collected so far) and Oreao Cookies (6) for Medina Children’s Home.
– Area Wide at the Anson church Sunday, August 30th entitled “A Testimony of Faith” by Joe Hailey. Singing begins at 5:30, second session begins at 6:00 p.m., a meal to follow.
– September 18-20th the Oldham Lane church will have a seminar titled “The Silencing of God” The dismantling of America’s Christian Heritage given by Dr. Dave Miller. Please check the bulletin board for more information or call 695-0055.