Our souls cry out for peace, life, and righteousness. However will live in a world where we will have trouble (John 16:33), death is certain (Romans 6:23; Hebrews 9:27), and righteousness of our own is a thing of the past (Romans 3:9-18, 23).
Thus, it seems we have three options:
- Pretend we have no spiritual needs and party till we die (Isaiah 22:12-13; 1 Corinthians 15:32).
- On our own, we can seek peace, life, and righteousness, through our possessions and what we accomplish, but we will find no peace that lasts, no life that is eternal, and no righteousness that meets our need of redemption.
- Submit ourselves through faith in Christ and:
- Receive the peace He offers (Romans 5:1),
- Gain the life He came to give (John 10:10; Romans 6:23)
- Accept the righteousness that comes from God (Philippians 3:7-9)